TSplus supports 4 different kinds of Application Publishing:
- Microsoft Remote Desktop.
The user will see the full Windows Remote Desktop in the session.
- TSplus Taskbar.
Any application, folder, shortcuts, documents… copied on the user’s Desktop folder will be published with the TSplus Remote Taskbar.
In this case, the user does not have any access to applications other than those decided by the administrator.
Application Control has a much finer grain.
- The Floating Panel.
All the applications can be published on a mini drop-down list.
- Assigning one, two, three, or more specific applications to a user/group.
In this case the user will only see their assigned applications when opening a session.
There is a priority rule to remember: The Microsoft Remote Desktop has the highest priority, then the TSplus Taskbar, then specific applications.
If a user has a specific application assigned and TSplus taskbar or Microsoft Remote Desktop, they will not see the specific application because they
have a lower priority.
Managing Application using the Admin Tool
You will add or delete applications using the AdminTool, by clicking on the „Application Publishing tab“ on the Applications tile:
- Notepad is published as an example. To publish an application, click on the „Add a new application“ button, then browse your folders, and finally name it in the dedicated field.
- You must click on the „Save“ button to store any modification.
- After declaring a new application, we recommend to use the „Test (start selected)“ button to check that the application has correctly started.
- For each new application, you can specify if this application must start maximized, minimized or hidden.
You can also tell the system to apply this application to all users.
Publishing applications from Start Menu
You can also publish applications from the Start Menu of your server, by clicking on the „Application from Start Menu“ button on the previous window or on this tab:
Select and save the desired applications to publish:
- After installation, the default setting is: Any RDP user will see the complete Microsoft Remote Desktop. Any Seamless user will have the TSplus Remote Taskbar.
- The TSplus Taskbar publishes all shortcuts copied in the user’s Desktop folder.
When selecting the TSplus Taskbar, you can request to automatically copy any of the shortcuts available in the All Users Desktop folder and/or, to automatically create shortcuts from applications assigned to the users with Application Control.